The DFRobot heart rate sensor is a thumb-sized heart rate monitor designed for Arduino compatible microcontrollers.
This heart rate monitor sensor is a pulse sensor which is developed based on PPG techniques. This is a simple and low-cost optical technique that can be used to detect blood volume changing in the microvascular bed of tissues. It is relatively easy to detect the pulsatile component of the cardiac cycle according to this theory.
The sensor has two holes that you can use to attach to your belt. You can wrap on your finger, wrist, earlobe or other areas where it has contact with your skin.
A Gravity Interface is adapted to allow plug&play to ease the barrier of usage. The IO sensor shield is the best option to connect this heart rate sensor with your Arduino or other microcontrollers. Besides, this sensor can also be compatible with Raspberry Pi, intel edison, joule and curie by means of 3.3V Input Voltage.
IoT Based Heart Rate Monitoring System is a very basic project on sending the pulse rate to Blynk Application and monitoring it from anywhere.
1. This product is NOT a professional medical device and should not be used to diagnose or treat medical conditions.
2. This sensor is designed to work when the user is not moving. If used while moving it will give inaccurate results.
- Input Voltage (Vin): 3.3 - 6V (5V recommended)
- Output Voltage: 0 - Vin (Analog), 0/ Vin (Digital)
- Operating current: <10mA
- Dimension: 28 x 24(mm), 1.102" x 0.945"(in)
- Interface Type: PH2.0-3P
- Heart Rate Monitor Sensor For Arduino x1
- Wrist beltx1
- PH2.0-3P cablex1
This project makes a Heart Beat Detection and Monitoring System using Arduino that will detect the heart beat using the Pulse Sensor and will show the readings in BPM (Beats Per Minute).
The following tutorial will show you how to set the micro:bit beating together with your heart using the optical heart rate sensor:
A DIY heart-rate wereable in a running t-shirt that vibrates when your heart-rate is high, using DFROBOT components: