KHADAS VIM3 Amlogic A311D SBC with NPU AI developing board
1 750 kr
shipping as of 10 of August.
Khadas VIM 3 AI utvecklingskort som ursprungligen tillkännagavs med Amlogic S922X SoC och nu kommer att ersättas med Amlogic A311D. En SoC-förändring motiverad av den högpresterande NPU som ingår i Amlogic A311D SoC. Till övriga specifikationer läggs en MIPI-CSI-port till där vi kan ansluta 4x 8MP-kameror. På operativsystemsnivå har vi Android 9.0, Ubuntu XFCE 18.04 och LibreELEC (Linux 5.1 + Kodi GBM) tillgängliga i lanseringen. Det finns i två version: VIM3 Basic – 2GB LPDDR4/4X RAM, 16GB eMMC 5.1 flash och VIM3 Pro – 4GB LPDDR4/4X RAM, 32GB eMMC 5.1 flash.
Here would like to do simple introduce about Khadas VIM3, A311D = S922X + MIPI-DSI + NPU, and all software on S922X could be used on A311D, its other unique features are as follows:
+ Faster CPU Performance
+ Neural Processing Unit for A.I.
+ Switchable PCIe and USB 3.0
+ USB-C Power Delivery
+ Dual Independent Displays
+ Dual Cameras
The Khadas Vim3 will ship in Basic (2GB LPDDR4 and 16GB eMMC 5.1) or Pro (4GB/32GB) models, both of which offer 16MB SPI flash.
- Amlogic A311D - x4 2.2Ghz Cortex A73, x2 1.8Ghz Cortex A53
- 12nm SoC fabrication process for low heat
- 2T2R AC Wi-Fi with RSDB Features
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB 3.0 Available
- Gigabit Ethernet with WOL support
- USB-C PD for heavy applications
- M.2 Connector
Neural Network Accelerator:
- NPU: Supports a maximum frequency of 800MHz at 5.0 TOPS
- INT8 inference up to 1536 MAC
- Internal L2 cache (512KB) and system workspace buffer (1MB)
- Supports all major deep learning frameworks including TensorFlow and Caffe
- Stackable Design
- Programmable MCU
- 3 Programmable LEDs (Blue, Red and White)
- XPWR for external Power button
- Onboard SPI Flash
- Khadas TST
- Khadas KBI
- Dual independent displays with GSensor
- H.264 / H.265 Encoding
- Supports multi-video decoding up to 4Kx2K@60fps+1x1080P@60fps
- VIN Power Input
- 40 Pin GPIO Header (USB, I2C, I2S, UART, ADC etc)
- 8-ch I2S for Microphone Array application (over M.2 Connector)
- Designed with GPIO Extender Chip
Compatible Accessories (sold separately):
- New VIM Heatsink
- 3705 Cooling Fan
- M2X Extender Board
- TS050 Touchscreen
- Khadas Tone Board
- DIY Case
- IR Remote
- USB-C 24W Adapter (White)
- USB-C Cable (White, Male to male)
- USB 10W Adapter (Black, light workloads only)
- USB-C Cable (Grey 2.0 to Type-C)
- HDMI Cable (19-Pin)
The VIM3 SBC is the latest addition to our popular Khadas VIM series. It is equipped with the powerful Amlogic A311D SoC, based on the big-little CPU architecture: x4 Cortex A73 performance-cores clocked at 2.2Ghz, and x2 Cortex A53 efficiency-cores clocked at 1.8Ghz, are merged into a hexa-core configuration, and fabricated with a 12nm process to maximise performance, thermal and electrical efficiency.
VIM3 is designed with the same form-factor as our popular VIM2 and VIM1. It is the size of a credit card, and fits perfectly inside our DIY Case. Although diminutive, VIM3 is competitively-priced and fully-featured; everything you need is already built-in. The Pro-model comes with onboard 4GB LPDDR4/4X RAM, 32GB of EMMC storage and 2T2R 802.11ac Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 5.0.
In addition, VIM3 comes with unique features designed for our customers. Digital-signage developers will love the onboard programmable MCU, MIPI-CSI for dual cameras, real-time clock and wake-on-lan functionality. We've also included a 3-axis digital accelerometer to detect signage orientation. The M2X Extension Board also provides an NVMe SSD slot, power-over-ethernet, 100 Mbit ethernet, 4G module slot, nano-sim slot, and GPIO.
The new VIM3 SBC goes beyond what our original VIM models have to offer. It has an onboard 5.0 TOPS NPU for neural network applications, an M.2 slot for NVMe SSDs that can switch between PCIe and USB 2.0 via Khadas KBI commands, and a USB-C port with 5-20 volt USB power-delivery input. Connect with up to 2 independent displays via HDMI (4K) and MIPI-DSI (1080P), one of which may be touch-enabled using the built-in TP connector.
*16GB eMMC read performance is lower than the 32GB version (Samsung eMMC documentation).
* Wi-Fi Distance: 7 meters from the testing router.
* TF-Card: SanDisk 16GB, Class-10 A1, HC-I
* USB 2.0 / 3.0: Samsung T5 Portable SSD
* PCI-e: Samsung EVO 970
VIM3 is compared with the Edge-V Pro, Odroid-N2 (4GB) and Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB).
+ 12nm SoC for efficient thermal & electrical performance.
+ Power dense form factor that's thin and light.
+ Stackable via M2 x 4 mounting points.
DUAL INDEPENDENT DISPLAYS
Multi-touch input via TP connector +
1080P video output via MIPI-DSI +
4K video output via HDMI port +
M2X EXTENSION BOARD
+ 4G LTE Module w/ Nano-sim slot
+ PCI-e NVMe 2280 SSD (x1 Lane)
+ 802.3at Power-Over-Ethernet
New Khadas VIM3 SBC specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic A311D hexa-core processor with 4x Arm Cortex-A73 cores @ up to 2.2 GHz and 2x Cortex A53 cores @ up to 1.8 GHz, Arm Mali-G52 MP4 GPU, built-in Cortex-M4 core for “always-on” processing, and 5.0 TOPS NPU @ 800 Mhz with support for Tensorflow, Caffe and other deep-learning frameworks
- MCU – STMicro STM8S003 with Programmable EEPROM for power management, customizations, and boot media configuration
- System Memory & Storage
- VIM3 Basic – 2GB LPDDR4/4X RAM, 16GB eMMC 5.1 flash
- VIM3 Pro – 4GB LPDDR4/4X RAM, 32GB eMMC 5.1 flash
- Common – 16MB SPI flash, microSD card slot supporting up to UHS-I SDR104, support for M.2 2280 NVMe SSD (see Expansion section)
- Video Output & Display Interface
- HDMI2.1 transmitter with 3D, Dynamic HDR, CEC, and HDCP 2.2 support
- 30-pin 0.5mm Pitch FPC Connector for 4-lane MIPI-DSI interface up to 1920 x 1080
- 10-pin 0.5mm Pitch FPC connector for touch panel
- 4K UHD H.265 75fps 10-bit video decoder & low latency 1080p H.265 / H.264 60fps decoder
- Supports multi-video decoding up to 4Kx2K@60fps + 1x1080P@60fps
- Dolby Vision and HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, and PRIME HDR video processing
- Audio – 8-ch I2S for microphone array applications over M2. connector
- Camera – 30-pin 0.5mm Pitch FPC connector for 4-lane MIPI CSI with dual camera support; 8MP ISP
- Gigabit Ethernet with WoL support
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFI 5, 2X2 MIMO with RSDB and Bluetooth 5.0 via Ampak AP6398S module
- USB – 1x USB 3.0/2.0 type-A port, 1x USB 2.0 type-A port, 1x USB 2.0 OTG type-C port with USB PD support
- Sensor – KXTJ3-1057 3-axis digital accelerometer
- M.2 Socket with single lane PCIe 2.0, USB 2.0, I2S, I2C, ADC, 100M Ethernet PHY interface, GPIO, MCU_PA2
- 40-pins 2.54mm pitch header exposing:
- CPU signals – USB, I2C, I2S, SPDIF, UART, PWM, ADC
- MCU signals – SWIM, NRST, PA1
- Misc – 2x IR receivers; RTC & battery header; 4-pin cooling fan header with PWM speed control; 3x user LEDs; power, func and reset buttons; XPWR pads for an external power button
- Power Supply – 5V to 20V via USB-C port or pogo pads
- Dimensions – 82.0 x 58.0 x 11.5 mm (4x M2 mounting holes)
- Weight – 28.5 grams
- Certifications – CE, RoHS
You are buying a VIM3 Basic:
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB EMMC
What's in the Box:
- VIM3 Basic
- Wi-Fi Antenna x2
You are buying a VIM3 Pro:
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB EMMC.
What's in the Box:
- VIM3 Pro
- Wi-Fi Antenna x2