We know that the 2G GSM/GPRS is about to, or say already, close in most countries & regions, such as Australia/Canada… But there are indeed some projects that need remotely wireless communication, or access to the Internet, such as remote environmental monitoring. Considering the investment/risky, for most cases, the LTE 4G is still a proper solution by now, until we finally find a better way such as 5G/ Starlink.
This Maduino Zero 4G LTE module uses the SIMCOM7600 (E/A）CAT4 module, to help Makers to achieve the 4G connection easily. Besides, this module can be a fully 4G access to your computer/PI, and also for telephone/SMS...
1. As IoT applications 4G access to the Internet:
For IoT applications, that run based on MCU such as Arduino/ STM32, the controller communicates with SIM7600 with AT commands, to create an Internet connection. This is mode fits most of the simple applications. Makerfabs Maduino Zero 4G LTE module is based on ATSAMD21G18A, which is Arduino compatible so friendly for Arduino developers, user can easily gain local data, ranging from a simple temperature to images/video, and create internet data communication back and forth in a few minutes.
2. Telephone& SMS
Makerfabs Maduino Zero 4G LTE provides a full set of telephone functions include code/decode, that with an earphone, you can easily make it to a phone. Right for alarm systems that related to security needs to be notified directly in emergencies such as Gas leakage alarming.
3. 4G access for CPU such as PC/Raspberry Pi...
For platforms with operating systems such as PC/ Raspberry Pi, with the right driver installed, Maduino Zero 4G LTE can be directly 4G node. Of course, there are all the drivers ready for you at Makerfabs Wiki.
Note there are E/A versions, basically, the E for Europe/Southeast Asia/Africa/South Korea, while the A version for North America. Please check in detail as your location and select the proper solution.
- LTE Cat-4, with uplink rate 50 Mbps and downlink rate 150 Mbps
- GNSS Positioning
- Arduino Zero platform, Arduino IDE compatible
- Dual USB type-C, one for MCU programming/UART, the 2rd on for SIM7600 USB port
- Audio Driver NAU8810
- Supports dial-up, phone, SMS, TCP, UDP, DTMF, HTTP, FTP, and so on
- Dual SD card socket
- USB supply voltage range: 4.8~5.5V, 5.0V Typically; Battery supply voltage range: 3.4~4.2V, 3.7V Typically
- Onboard charger, up to 1A charge current; Overcharge protection(OCP), 4.3V; Over-discharge protection(ODP), 2.5V
- Maduino Zero 4G LTE Board x1
- GPS antenna x1
- 4G LTE antenna x2