Still make do with the hard and thick shielded twisted pair for remote signal-transmitting? And even drop the baud rate again and again just for transmission stability? Now get rid of these problems by using this Gravity: UART Fiber Optic Transceiver Module from DFRobot! With complete electrical isolation for preventing electromagnetic interference, this module runs at 2000000 baud at any time within a distance of up to 10km. Besides, it features lightning protection and can share cable trunking with strong power. Also, users can use it with a passive optical splitter to realize one-to-many star networking. Two transceiver modules for only half the price of shielded twisted pair can provide users with long-distance & interference-free fiber optic communication, good value for money!
New product contact us.
- With complete electrical isolation
- Lightning protection
- Fiber-optic communication
- One-to-many star networking
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V ~ 5V
- Signal Voltage: 3.3V ~ 5V
- Maximum Speed: 2000000 baud
- Communication Distance: 10km
- Operating Wavelength: 1310nm
- Fiber Optic Type: Single Mode
- Fiber Optic Interface: SC
- Operating Temperature: 0~70℃
Interface & Pin
|Gravity: UART||UART interface, connect to MCU or sensor|
|PWR LED||Power indicator, turns ON when powered on|
|SD LED||Indicator for optical fiber disconnection, which lights up when the fiber optic disconnection is detected|
|TX LED||Indicator for fiber optic transmitting, which blinks when transmitting signal|
|RX LED||Indicator for fiber optic receiving, which blinks when receiving signal|
|SC Fiber Optic Interface||Connect to SC fiber optic interface|
SD LED can not show all the fiber disconnections or unstable transmissions. Please use a red pen, optical power meter and other tools to check error when a connection problem occurs.
To build a fiber optic communication system, the following hardwares are required
- TEL0153 Gravity: UART Fiber Optic Transceiver Module x 2
- Single-mode dual-core fiber optic with SC interface
For example, connect the MCU to a long-range sensor using the fiber optic module.
- Gravity: UART Fiber Optic Transceiver Module x1
- Gravity 4P Connector x1