We know that the 2G GSM/GPRS is about to, or say already, close in most countries & regions, such as Australia/Canada… But there are indeed some projects that need remotely wireless communication, or access to the Internet, such as remote environmental monitoring. Considering the investment/risky, for most cases, the LTE 4G is still a proper solution by now, until we finally find a better way such as 5G/ Starlink.
We have the Maduino Zero 4G LTE module already, which is based on SIMCOM7600(CAT4), and now our this new ESP32S3 4G LTE(A7670) have features:
1. Lower Price: this module is based on A7670 4G module, CAT1, its price much lower, while the CAT1 fits for IOT applications such as Remote sensor monitoring;
2. With ESP32S3 controller, it features WIFI/Bluetooth, that can be used for local application setting (with phone) , fit for applications such as shared bike.
This ESP32S3 4G LTE module uses the A7670(E/SA）CAT1 module, to help Makers to achieve the WIFI/Bluetooth/ 4G connection easily. Besides, this module can be a fully 4G access to your computer/PI, and also for telephone/SMS...
ESP32S3 4G LTE module Details
1. As IoT applications 4G access to the Internet:
For IoT applications, that run based on MCU such as Arduino/ STM32, the controller communicates with A7670 with AT commands, to create an Internet connection. This is mode fits most of the simple applications. Makerfabs ESP32S3 4G LTE module is based on controller ESP32S3, it communicate with A7670 with AT command, to add ESP32S3 the function of 4G LTE connection;
2. 4G access for CPU such as PC/Raspberry Pi...
For platforms with operating systems such as PC/ Raspberry Pi, with the right driver installed, ESP32S3 4G LTE module can be directly 4G node. Connect the A7670 USB to PC and install the driver, to add your PC 4G connection ability immediately;
There 2 version of A7670(E version and SA version), please select the right version depends on your usage location/4G LTE provider:
- LTE Cat-1, with uplink rate 5 Mbps and downlink rate 10 Mbps；
- GNSS Positioning;
- Controller: ESP32-S3-WROOM-1, PCB Antenna, 16MB Flash, 8MB PSRAM, ESP32-S3-WROOM-1-N16R8;
- 3 USB type-C：ESP32S3 USB Native；ESP32S3 USB TTL；A7670 USB
- Audio Driver NAU8810;
- Supports dial-up, phone, SMS, TCP, UDP, DTMF, HTTP, FTP, and so on;
- USB supply voltage range: 4.8~5.5V, 5.0V Typically; Battery supply voltage range: 3.4~4.2V, 3.7V Typically;
- Onboard charger, up to 1A charge current; Overcharge protection(OCP), 4.3V; Over-discharge protection(ODP), 2.5V;
- ESP32S3 4G LTE module x1 A7670E；
- GPS antenna x1
- 4G LTE antenna x1