Raspberry Pi Pico W is Raspberry Pi's first wireless microcontroller board, designed especially for physical computing. Microcontrollers are a different type of device than Single Board Computers .
Apart from the addition of wireless networking, Raspberry Pi Pico W is very similar to Raspberry Pi Pico and, like all RP2040-based boards, can be easily reprogrammed over USB from a Raspberry Pi or other computer using the C/C++ SDK or the official MicroPython port. The documentation landing page is the best place to get started, or scroll down for links to the technical documentation for both the Raspberry Pi Pico W microcontroller board and the RP2040 microcontroller chip.
We sell Raspberry Pi Pico W with Pico Header Pack
Leverans v40 2022
Raspberry Pi Pico W has been designed to be a low cost yet flexible development platform for RP2040, with a 2.4GHz wireless interface and the following key features:
- RP2040 microcontroller chip designed by Raspberry Pi in the United Kingdom
- Dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
- 264kB of SRAM, and 2MB of on-board Flash memory
- On-board single-band 2.4GHz wireless interfaces (802.11n)
- Castellated module allows soldering direct to carrier boards
- USB 1.1 Host and Device support
- Low-power sleep and dormant modes
- Drag & drop programming using mass storage over USB
- 26 multi-function GPIO pins
- 2×SPI, 2×I2C, 2×UART, 3×12-bit ADC, 16×controllable PWM channels
- Accurate clock and timer on-chip
- Temperature sensor
- Accelerated floating point libraries on-chip
- 8×Programmable IO (PIO) state machines for custom peripheral support
Raspberry Pi Pico W and Pico WH incorporate an Infineon CYW43439 wireless chip. CYW43439 supports IEEE 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN, and Bluetooth 5.2; of these, only wireless LAN is supported at launch
All documentation for the Raspberry Pi Pico W board and the RP2040 microcontroller can be found through the documentation landing page.
- Raspberry Pi Pico W Datasheet - An RP2040-based microcontroller board with wireless
- Raspberry Pi Pico W Pinout
- Connecting to the Internet with Raspberry Pi Pico W
- RP2040 Datasheet - A microcontroller by Raspberry Pi
- Hardware design with the RP2040 - Using the RP2040 microcontroller to build boards and products
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi Pico - C/C++ development with the Pico and other RP2040-based microcontroller boards
- Pico C/C++ SDK - Libraries and tools for C/C++ development on the RP2040 microcontroller
- Pico Python SDK - A MicroPython environment for the RP2040 microcontroller
The API level Doxygen documentation for the Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ SDK is available as a micro-site.
There's a handy interactive pinout for Raspberry Pi Pico at pico.pinout.xyz.
Dimensions: 21mm(W) x 51.3mm(L) x 3.9mm(H)
Pico Header Pack
A pair of handy 1x20 male 0.1" headers perfectly suited for use with your Raspberry Pi Pico.
We have these high quality pin headers made custom for us from a high-temperature plastic that is designed specifically to survive temperatures inside a reflow oven. They are ideal for the professional and the hobbyist alike.
As well as being suitable to reflow the high-temperature plastic also holds up against hand soldering and rework helping to minimise damage when heat is applied.
Simply solder these headers onto the underside of your Raspberry Pi Pico to make it compatible with our range of Packs and Bases, or to be able to pop it into a breadboard.
|Pitch||0.1" / 2.54mm|
|Rated voltage||250V AC rms|
|Housing||PA6T high-temperature plastic|
|Contact Material||Copper alloy with gold plating|
1. Pico W
2. Pico Header Pack